We are one of the largest independently owned marine chandleries on the East Coast. We're committed to providing what you need for your boat when you need it, at a competetive price, in a friendly, knowledgable and traditional chandlery atmosphere. Our experienced staff has a collective 170 years in the boating industry. We enjoy what we do and are happy to serve you.
Located at the East Passage Yachting Center, our store serves as a primary supplier for boat hauling, storing and docking at one of the largest boatyards on the East Coast. Home of the "Grind It" clothing line and Ship's Store and Rigging apparel.
Bowen's Wharf, Newport RI
- Located at the public dinghy dock, free tie up access
- Comprehensive stock of yachting supplies and products at great prices
- Home of the "Grind It" clothing line
- Daily deliveries from the Portsmouth location
- On call mobile rigging services, from our dock to your boat
- Special orders and custom rigging jobs are always welcome
- The Ship's Store and Rigging has served the serious yachtsman since 1975.
The Ship's Store and Rigging is where the pros shop. Every major racing boat and crew on the East Coast shops here. Pros know that when a boat needs speed and efficiency, the rigging has to be done by the professionals at The Ship's Store and Rigging. Whether you own a racing yacht or a family cruiser, let us be your choice for rigging and yachting supplies and services too.
Established in 1975, The Ship's Store and Rigging was owned and operated by John Deveau, a lifelong Aquidneck Island resident and boater. Today the business has expanded and modernized under the stewardship of Nick DeRosa.